The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity. The SDGs work in the spirit of partnership and pragmatism to make the right choices now to improve life, in a sustainable way, for future generations.
This session will discuss the SDGs which have been identified, through an online survey, as those that are most commonly contributed to by members of WTUN.
We will hear different perspectives on work occurring in our member universities on the goals identified and will explore these as a framework to focus WTUN activities for 2019/20.
- Professor Garry Pender, Deputy Principal (Research and Innovation), Heriott-Watt University, UK: Research Actions to Deliver Water for All
- Professor Ir. Joni Hermana, President, Institut Teknoloogi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS), Surabaya Indonesia
- Dr PB Anand, Reader in Environmental Economics, University of Bradford, UK – Cities and Technology
- Professor Sudhir Chella Rajan, Director, Indo German Centre for Sustainabilty (IGCS) and Professor and Head at the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences at IIT Madras, India:
- Professor Marcio Venicio Barbosa, International Relations Officer, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte: Water Reuse: clean actions for a sustainable future
- Professor M.M. Ramya, Professor, Centre for Automation and Robotics, Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science: Transforming Healthcare with IT
Jo Dobson, Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Coventry University (Chair and leader of WTUN SDG working group) will be Chair in the session
Session Category : 2018