This session will discuss gender equality in higher education and consider how WTUN could be used to provide interventions and be a gender competent network.
The sessions will have a panel of speakers who will each give a short presentation before opening to a discussion, facilitated by a Chair.
Speakers and session titles include:
- Professor Udy Archibong, Professor of Diversity, University of Bradford, UK (Chair and Speaker): Institutionalising Gender Equality in
the Higher Education Sector
- Professor Kevin Hall, Senior Vice-Chancellor, University of Newcastle, Australia: Innovative programs to grow the participation and success of women in research
- Rovani Sigamoney, Engineering Programme Specialist, UNESCO: Gender Equality in Engineering and Education, discussing UNESCO’s global priorities on Africa and Gender Equality
- Professor Preeti Aghalayam, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Madras: The gender inequity problem in IIT: Drivers and counter measures
- Professor Valentine Aletor, Vice-Chancellor, University of Africa, Toru-Orua, (UAT): Gender Mainstreaming in Endogenous Research and Innovation: The UAT Perspective
- Professor Nallan Ramachandran, Vice-Chancellor, Sandip University: Gender Equality in Higher Education in India – A boon for global community
Session Category : 2018